Let’s face it! We’re all coconuts for coconut oil. In every Indian household, for decades now, we have found a bottle of coconut oil that we used for multiple purposes. Over the years, this trend of using coconut oil has caught attention across the globe. In fact, the power of virgin coconut oil for skin confirms our loyalty towards this amazing elixir for our skin. We have homemade creams, cleansers, masks and so many other DIY items made from pure virgin coconut oil. You can use virgin coconut oil for face on a regular basis and the results are surely going to amaze you.
No wonder, the world is going gaga over the beauty benefits of virgin coconut oil. And unsurprisingly, science too supports us here. Multiple research has concluded virgin coconut oil as a saviour for most of your skin issues.
Talking about the real science - the fatty acids present in virgin coconut oil in the form of saturated, monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fat restores the overall health of your skin. All these components work a certain magic on your skin that cannot be compared with any other chemical-laden beauty products. Virgin coconut oil uses shot to fame as more and more celebrities like Mandy Moore, Miranda Kerr. Emma Stone began to talk about using this magical elixir into their beauty regime.
The benefits of virgin coconut oil for skin are enormous and we here are going to pen down some of the very well-known and tested ones. Have a look-
Uses Of Coconut Oil for face:
It’s quite hard to count the number of uses virgin coconut oil has for your skin. Before we get into that, let’s talk a little bit more about what it is made of. 65% of coconut oil’s composition is made with medium-chain fatty acids, which are found in a form of saturated fat. With these fatty acids, coconut oil holds the power of killing any harmful microorganisms, thus preventing skin infections and overall improving skin health. Coconut oil for face is also used to reduce inflammation. Read on to find out the top 10 uses of adopting the virgin coconut oil skincare routine.
- Say goodbye to wrinkles: If you choose the best coconut oil for skin, it can work magic on your wrinkles. Apply it religiously every night before you sleep and over a period of time, you will see a difference. Wrinkles are caused due to the loss of collagen in your skin, especially around your lips, eyes and forehead. Using this versatile oil helps in collagen rebuilding. Virgin coconut oil for anti-ageing has been proven to work effectively. However, using organic coconut oil for wrinkles is crucial to notice visible results.
- Use it as an acne buster: The biggest enemy to flawless skin is acne. It can make you feel uncomfortable and unconfident. Mix coconut oil with some fuller’s earth, apply the paste on your acne and let it dry overnight. Wash it off the next morning. We use coconut oil for acne due to its antibacterial properties. It contains lauric acid which kills the bacteria as well as reduces acne scarring.
- Moisturize your skin: Use virgin coconut oil as moisturiser to keep your skin well-nourished. The fatty acids that are found in coconut oil add a layer of moisture to your skin, giving you healthy and supple skin.
- Mix them in your face masks: Whether you are using chickpea flour, clays, curd or any other ingredients, add a few drops of coconut oil to form a nice paste. You can also make coconut oil face masks to treat damaged skin.
- Treat dry skin: No one likes dry skin. It is not pleasant and of course, holds a greater chance of tearing, especially during winters. Make use of coconut oil for dry skin in order to attain healthy looking and soft skin.
- Apply as a natural lip balm: Yes, sometimes your chapstick is just not enough! For extra moisture and soft lips, lightly apply some virgin coconut oil. It prevents your lips from drying and avoids cuts. It leaves a light shine on your lips as well hence you can completely ditch the lip gloss!
- Treat skin problems and eczema: Not only can you use virgin coconut oil for hydration but also to treat many skin problems including dermatitis. You’ll be amazed by how well it can soothe your skin.
- Heal minor cuts and scrapes: Next time you get a cut, don’t reach out to the band-aid. Apply some virgin coconut oil on the cut and let it work its magic. The antibacterial properties of coconut oil help heal cuts and scrapes much faster than ointment.
- Get rid of mosquitoes: Studies show that the compounds such as lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid found in coconut oil can repel not only mosquitoes but also bugs and ticks. In many tropical regions, coconut oil is used in order to prevent mosquitoes and thus avoid any fatal mosquito bites and diseases.
- Remove your makeup: Coconut oil is an excellent cleanser. It wipes off all the makeup, dirt and grime on your skin leaving it clean and more penetrative when you use skincare products. It is much better than using makeup removers that contain so many chemicals in them.
Now that you know the amazing benefits of virgin coconut oil for your skin, know that the quality of your oil makes a world of difference to your skin. Do not skimp out and buy mass-produced, refined coconut oil you get on the supermarket aisles. Your skin is worth a lot more than what you find in the supermarket. It deserves only the goodness of nature, the care of sensible manufacturers and of course toxin-free products. In fact, the benefits of virgin coconut oil are in plenty when compared to refined coconut oil. It packs lots of nutrients that are often lost in the extraction of refined coconut oil.
Hence, while investing in coconut oil, always opt for virgin coconut oil that is extracted with care to ensure that you make the most of its benefits. The Coconut People is a brand that focuses on the excellent quality of the product we offer you. Our jars of virgin coconut oil are full of goodness and nutrients. Once you try our 100% pure virgin coconut oil, you will never go back to your old coconut oil.
My skin is acne prone can I used it daily …
I have very oily blemished and acne prone skin.can I use coconut oil on my skin?