Hey, you! Ever thought that josling thick, saturated fat in your mouth for oral hygiene would be an actual thing? Well, it is! People across the globe are going crazy over the traditional ‘oil-pulling’ method. It has now become a raging trend in improving oral hygiene and bettering the health of your gums and teeth. But, seriously? How can using thick and potentially sticky liquid on your teeth do you any good? You’ll be amazed to know that oil pulling is a traditional Ayurvedic technique known as "kavala" or "gundusha" that dates back to hundreds of years ago.
Incorporating the oil pulling method to your daily dental routine is known to draw out any toxins in your body, thus, not only improving your oral but your overall health as well. This method has got us super excited because like many of you, we hate to go to the dentist too! So, let’s jump right ahead and talk about the various benefits of this bizarre but effective method.
There are many other oil pulling benefits that have been recorded recently. We’ll take you through some of our favourite benefits of this intriguing technique and you decide whether it’s worth a shot or if it is a hard pass. We swear by using organic virgin coconut oil for oil pulling as virgin coconut oil benefits your health to a great extent.
Read on to know more!
Benefits of oil pulling that you must know:
Moving on to the more important details, before you decide to try this, be fully aware of the oil pulling benefits:
- No more bad breath ruining your conversations! Psst.. oil pulling also greatly improves morning breath.
- Jaw pain coming in your way? Oil pulling ayurveda technique is definitely worth a shot.
- Smile bright with whiter teeth and gums that are, of course, getting stronger with time.
- We thought oil pulling is only for your teeth but oddly enough, using virgin coconut oil for teeth can help reduce sleep problems and sinus issues. WHAT?!
- Virgin coconut oil for oil pulling reduces plaque formation, inflammation and effectively fights bacteria in your mouth.
- Oil pulling teeth can help you bid adieu to cavities and gingivitis
Which is the best oil for oil pulling?
Any vegetable-based oil will pretty much do the trick but why not go for the best oil for oil pulling? Research has stated that coconut oil for teeth has no side effects except for those who are allergic to coconuts (well, duh!). Coconut oil pulling is a simple, affordable, and safe that can do wonders in improving your oral health and prevent any pain that comes through oral issues.
To do an oil pull effectively, you simply follow the following steps:
- Take a tablespoon of virgin, cold-pressed coconut oil and place it in your mouth, first thing in the morning, before you even brush your teeth.
- Start swishing it to various parts of your mouth, making sure that you cover as much ground as possible. It is advised that you do it for at least 15-20 minutes, sitting in an upright position.
(The oil starts attracting all the toxins from your mouth and it does need a bit of time to do the trick).
Note - For those who find it difficult to do this for such a long time can start with 5 minutes and gradually work your way up to 20 minutes. It is mandatory that the oil is in constant movement inside your mouth.
- Once done, spit the oil out. Do not swallow it under any circumstances (you have no idea how much toxins are packed in that oil. You DO NOT want to ingest that). Follow the rest of your oral hygiene routine as usual. Brush away all the oil from your mouth and floss as desired.
Remember that you are using this method to pull out toxins from your body and mouth. There cannot be any room for usage of poor-quality coconut oils. They could end up doing more harm that they do good. Therefore, opt only for virgin coconut oil as it is much better and safer for oil pulling due to the presence of anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties. If you are excited to try out the oil-pulling method, buy your jar of organic virgin coconut oil here.
Need Mouth cleansing. Both body and face cleansings